Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weed: Sin or Savior?

My last Blog was about a highly debated Issue which was about the Year 2012 and the” End Of the World”, and I only wrote about it because I received a lot of inquiries on ASKBEIRO.COM. I don’t usually like to write too much on long term, highly debated issues, but now I'm getting a bunch of people asking me where I stand on Weed, Pot, Marijuana., whatever you wanna call it. I know a million names for it but who the heck wants to go through them all?
Have I tried it? Yes, many years ago. Do I still smoke? NO.
Mostly because it's ILLEGAL and I could lose my job over it! Now, if it were LEGAL and I was home, and knew I had a full box of Frosted Flakes in the kitchen I might just take a hit if a friend I had over once every few months offered it to me. LMAO
Seriously, I have a close friend that has a young teenager that thinks it's just “cool” but hasn't officially tried it yet, and I think that is a problem. This friend has this teenager under control though and is doing what it takes to make sure.
Adults? Different story. If you are old enough to go to the club and LEGALLY do shots and drink yourself into an unconscious state, then take a taxi home, there is a problem on why a naturally grown plant that has been smoked for hundreds of years is illegal. Millions of dollars spent searching for pot crops, and all these dumb ass agents dressed up like Mercenaries going deep into the woods to chop down pot plants. Guys, go bust some Meth Labs or something.
If it was legal and offered at the liquor stores right next to the 40's what would you prefer? That someone grabs a couple 40's and drives home drunk and maybe something terrible happens, or maybe they buy a joint, go home and eat the hell out of the refrigerator and go to sleep? You might get stuck driving behind them on the way home complaining they are driving to slow.
When was the last time you picked up the paper and read about people dying in a car accident and the driver was DWS (Driving While Stoned)?
You can research the CDC (Center For Disease Control) and good luck finding ONE pot related death. But you sure as heck will find a lot of other drug related deaths, and almost ALL of them are MAN MADE!
There are years and years of debate over legalizing it or not, and it is ridiculous. "Tax it", "it will settle the deficit",  "More empty space for real criminals if you empty the Jails and prisons of pot smokers", etc.

Here is a quote from some pissed off jerk from 2009:  "According to studies, the number of children and teenagers in treatment for marijuana dependence and abuse has increased 142% since 1992".
What this Ass did not further research is the the increase was for abuse, not "dependence". There is a difference between a teenager that thinks it's "cool" and tries it or sells it (abuse), and a teenager that smokes daily and is dependent on it!
Do your own research, there is plenty out there. Check out the big LEGIT Medical facilities. The answers will mostly be the same. "For most people, no, marijuana is not addictive. The vast majority of pot smokers never become addicted. But just because it rarely happens, doesn't mean it never happens".
The same goes for alcohol and a bunch of other drugs.
Man, this is getting too long.
I mentioned Savior in the Blog title. We all know the medicinal benefits of marijuana. To a lot of people it is a Savior. Again, do your own research. There are plenty medical FACTS on it's healing properties out there. I personally know people that are prescribed pot for various reasons and it tremendously helps their ailments. You wanna argue with me on all this? Then that's what I'm all about. If I'm wrong I can man up and admit it, but you better come with some really good facts, not some dumb ass opinions.
Bottom Line. I'm not a Doctor and I can't give official medical facts on the issue. I don't recommend or condone pot smoking and I also don't give a crap if someone I know does. I will do my best to teach my child what is right and what is wrong and all I can do then is pray.
I know people from all walks of life that smoke and function perfectly. From manual laborers to law enforcement and Judges! Not to mention all the famous people we all hear about on TV that admit to pot smoking and we all still love to watch them in whatever they do.
Hypocrisy just might be my next Blog........

No comments: