Monday, February 28, 2011

Daily Bitch 2/28/2011 - Reality TV

OK, lots of people have written about this subject but I still have to bitch about it. My wife and lots of friends are ADDICTED to these ridiculous shows! People....there is no such thing as Reality TV! I'll bet the plastic surgeons that worked on all those women are making a fortune though!
Especially these Real Housewives of Atlanta, New Jersey, Miami, etc. It's all crap and useless TV. Survivor and American Idol? Don't even get me started! I'd put that JERK OFF Simon in his place in 10 seconds! I do understand that some of the people on these shows like Idol and America Has Talent actually do have talent. In fact, Cas Haley is one of my favorite singers. I can't believe he hasn't made it bigger. But to DRAG out these dumb ass shows embarrassing people that have ZERO talent is just a waste of time!
In my opinion, if there is a camera in your face, you will never be REAL.
Hell, just go to the" know all" wikipedia and look for "Reality Television". To steal a few quotes: "Reality television is a genre of television programming that presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and usually features ordinary people instead of professional actors, sometimes in a contest or other situation where a prize is awarded.
Humor I will give to the addicts. Unscripted? C'mon, any one with a brain can tell it's all scripted! Dramatic? As we say in the South "Lord Please". You want dramatic? Spend a day filming MY family! Then there are prizes rewarded? Yeah, that make everyone be themselves.....Put my ass on an island and see if I vote people off. The more the better to REALLY survive! Plus you probably could not actually film what I would do to survive!
Back to another quote from Wikipedia: "Reality television frequently portrays a modified and highly influenced form of reality, utilizing sensationalism to attract viewers and so to generate advertising profits.Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are sometimes coached to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment producers," with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through editing and other post-production techniques."    Jeez, Wikipedia just made my Bitching a lot shorter!
To me, Reality TV is just as useless as Soap Operas. But that is a whole different "Bitching" day!
Let me know what you think......

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That reminds me I have to set the DVR for Bethanney tonight! Also Dancing with the Stars new season coming up... Haaaaaaaahaaaa!

Anonymous said...

Bachelor on tonight YEA!!!

Michelle

Conch65 said...

Thank gooness for DVR's so I don't have to watch that crap!

Conch65 said...

Bachelor? Really? Please don't tell me you think that stuff is real!

Conch65 said...

Ok, so my spelling is off a bit tonight. So what...lol

Capt Big Deal said...

I`ve tried to tell my sister that survivor is all BS. She won`t listen. I love the scene where these idiots were trying to catch Brim on a handline with a safety pin for a hook to eat for dinner as the camera men were standing right behind them filming probably eating a damm good Cuban Sandwhich. Give me a break!!!!

Capt. Big Deal

Conch65 said...

LMAO Capt Big Deal! I saw Bear Grylls try that type of fishing with NO Success either. I would at least feel better if all these shows and groupies, would agree the shows should not be considered as REALITY TV. They are at most Contests, or Game Shows!