Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rich Man, Poor Man

One of my followers kinda got me going with one of her posts saying " Beautiful women r single b/c they know they can wait for someone great; less attractive women take what they can get" My reply was " I'm curious what "beautiful women" consider great in someone? Love your posts, hope you don't mind "debates"....;) the link to her research is http://www.slate.com/id/2188684/. I hope she will still follow me after this Blog!
Now I am not a religious person but after finding a lot of jokes or "10 reasons a rich man is better than a poor man", I came across some Bible Scriptures on this issue that got me thinking. I will only quote a few since the whole thing will probably bore you to death and make you click somewhere else.
Quotes from Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary:
Wicked people strengthen one another in wicked ways.
 An honest, godly, poor man, is better than a wicked, ungodly, rich man; has more comfort in himself, and is a greater blessing to the world. 
That which is ill got, though it may increase much, will not last long. Thus the poor are repaid, and God is glorified.
 Rich men are so flattered, that they think themselves superior to others.
There is a fear which causes happiness. Faith and love will deliver from the fear of eternal misery.


I have nothing against the wealthy, hell I wish I was. I guess i would just use my wealth in different ways. But when a women is hot and beautiful, what else do you bring to the table? Some great plastic surgery? A great sense of fashion maybe? What is really on the inside? Would you stay together for better or worse? Or haul Ass when the money or Status stops flowing? I have a saying. Don't expect perfection if you are not perfect. This doesn't mean you qualify as a Model. 
Why do you think Hollywood marriages never seem to last? Beautiful people married to Beautiful people just doesn't seem to last. Try naming some Hollywood marriages that have lasted a long time. You might get a few, but then name the ones that did not make it..and why?
The most beautiful people I have met in my life were not physically beautiful. They had beautiful souls, beautiful minds, and beautiful hearts.
On the other hand, I have also met some very beautiful model types, men and women, that are very successful but are just lonely. They never get approached by REAL people. 
So "beautiful people" go ahead and wait for greatness. Just do not get confused on what greatness really means....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

long blog too late and too tired to try to compete understand it... but i agree beautiful woman single b/c waiting for a great person. Also, beauty in the eyes of the behold and beauty in the inside. Those "hollywood" marriage are superficial like the nose jobs, boob jobs and lip job - lol

good luck on this blog