Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lies Destroy Everything

It's almost funny that the Dictionary defines Lie as a verb as  "to be in a helpless or defenseless state".  That is not the Lie I am referring to, but it almost fits because if you lie to someone that is exactly where you leave them,  in a helpless or defenseless state. Believing what you say to be true. Adjusting their decisions and feelings on a false statement....making their decisions or statements totally wrong or irrelevant. From there, things just get worse and worse.

Lies ALWAYS come out in the end...ALWAYS.....

I have always been brutally honest. Sometimes it gets me in trouble, but I just don't care. At least I told the truth! I have lied to avoid hurting someones feelings and all I felt is regret for not telling the truth, so I usually end up going back and laying it right out, hurtful or not. People get over hurtful truth but sometimes never get over caring lies.

(Beer Break Time.....Jimmy Cliff is singing his version of "Higher and Higher", gotta Jam for a few).....

Back: That was inspiring!

I think about children when I think of truth. Sometimes they are so truthful it's embarassing! My 5 year says one day in line at the grocery store "why does that FAT lady have so many groceries, maybe she should buy less and she would not be so FAT"! OMG, talk about "wanna get away"! But someting weird happened when I looked at that lady straight in the face ready to apologize.....she said "don't worry about it, I know she is right"! Holy crap! My 5 year old just told a hurtful truth and it worked! Lesson learned.........
I will leave everyone that reads this with that lesson. I was going to really get into a long story about lying but that might give away my motives to writing this. So I have decided to let you readers utilize what I say in your own ways. We all have been hurt or are hurting someone with Lies. STOP!!!!!!!! I can't stand old quotes but "the truth will set you free" is one you or I just can not avoid.

All I have to say is be who you are. Tell the truth. Do not lie on that resume, do not lie to that love of your life, do not lie to your friend, do not lie to your enemy, do not lie period............you will be better off in the end.........

Remember, in this day and age technology will catch you, or a freind will slip and you will be caught, or just someone like me that can just tell when you are lying will catch you. Then what? An argument on your lies? That is useless. You could have been truthful from the start. The hurt may still happen, but it will not last. It can be seen through, worked out, discussed, or maybe just ended.

Be free. Tell the truth...

No comments: