Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daughters Birthday

Today was my Daughters 5th birthday. With so much going on in the world. Disaster, sports, etc. It was nice just to be with Family for a while and just see the wonderful look on my daughters face as she blew out the candles and opened her presents. it was a nice escape from the everyday drudge.
It seems like yesterday I was taking her home for the first time. Now she navigates a laptop and surfs the children's sites like a professional writer. She even has her own passwords. lol
Not to sound to cliche but, they grow up so fast.
I find myself being robotic sometimes. Hearing her millions of questions every day and just giving generic answers. I realized today that if I just stop and look her straight in her eyes and actually listen to her, she is simply amazing. She notices the difference also between the generic answers and the answers that show her I am really interested in what she has to say. I will never waste another minute not listening.
God blessed me with this wonderful child. I will be there for her forever.....

No comments: